It can be hard to plan for retirement when you are relocating to different countries.
- Dealing with taxation systems in different jurisdictions can make it difficult to plan for the long term.
- Beware of unexpected tax consequences and consider alternatives.
- Find out whether foreign superannuation schemes will still work for you once you are back in New Zealand.
- Adopt appropriate investment vehicles wherever you are.
- Wrap up your investments in one consolidated account.
- Consider where you would like to live once you stop work.
- Find out how much you will need for the retirement lifestyle you want
- Then work out how you can achieve it.